Click Here to Return to the Main Site
Return to Main Site
To request a forum for your campaign, a map, or another site feature, click here.

Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Site Online

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:22 pm



Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness 
Author Message
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Randija welcomes your party back at the Harper safehouse. Gathering you together and noting the looks of concern on your faces she asks, "You look troubled friends, moreso than before, what has happened? Have you found anything more on these crystals? I am waiting to hear back from some agents in the field myself. Perhaps we should compare our findings and see what ground we have made on this threat."

As she speaks she leads you through the halls of the medium sized home and down to the cellar where you had stayed before. It is as comforting as you remember, with a burning fireplace and a small platter filled with meats and cheeses. Randija gestures for you to help yourselves. It looks like she is the only person in the safehouse currently, save for a plump gnomish woman who seems to be a servant. Though judging by what you know of the Harpers, she is likely much more than that.

Dirk is the first to break the silence, "Well fellows, who wants to fill her in on the details? It's not been that long since we were last here, but it seems a lot has happened, has it not?"

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:30 pm
Profile
Human (3 hp)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Ynamreg
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
"We encountered a drug, tried to stop it, got attacked, got attacked again, and now are back here for clues", Letharan summarizes. The wood elf finds more words unnecessary.

_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

DMing:
FUN

Playing:
SoD - Denlon "the Reborn", halfling monk, level 10
NAG - Jessica Jaycob, half-elf paladin, level 2
HoW - Kee Elghym, shade hexblade, level 3
CoaSP - Ziera, human sorcerer/warlord, level 1
CoD - Letharan, wood elf ranger, level 7 (on hold)
SoS - Katharina "Katie" Bonleen, human skald, level 12 (temporarily on hold)
SiN - Dumal, deva invoker, level 10 (temporarily on hold)


Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:50 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Randija seems taken aback at Letharen's quick burst of facts. "Whoah, sounds like you're skipping a lot of details there. Hard to offer any help without any details."

Dirk decides to fill Randija in on the details according to his perspective. Once he's done the female eladrin nods sagely, "It sounds like quite the plight... and it may be connected. I've heard of this Flaming Forge before... they are a sect of the cult that is trying to collect these crystals for their elemental masters. I believe their intent is to plant representatives throughout various national governments on Faerun in preparation for the elemental invasion they are planning from the Elemental Chaos. We don't know much more than that and haven't identified any of their spies so far, but we are on their trail. I have sent a pair of dwarves, Feldar and Krose to investigate rumors of a base we believe they have outside of the city. I can give you the location of their camp. You can travel to meet them there and see what they know. Or you can wait here for a day or two. I expect them to report in soon, though it won't be in person."

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:05 pm
Profile
Human (3 hp)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Ynamreg
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
"Outside the city? Sounds good to me. I propose we go." He sighs. "Although you might want to stay some longer", he adds to the others. He hasn't been that long in a city before, and doesn't really plan to stay longer, unless necessary.

_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

DMing:
FUN

Playing:
SoD - Denlon "the Reborn", halfling monk, level 10
NAG - Jessica Jaycob, half-elf paladin, level 2
HoW - Kee Elghym, shade hexblade, level 3
CoaSP - Ziera, human sorcerer/warlord, level 1
CoD - Letharan, wood elf ranger, level 7 (on hold)
SoS - Katharina "Katie" Bonleen, human skald, level 12 (temporarily on hold)
SiN - Dumal, deva invoker, level 10 (temporarily on hold)


Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:48 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Always uncomfortable around the races that generally hate drow, in other words all other races, Dirk agrees, "Yes, let's get moving, I am not one to sit idle. Anyone object?"

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:56 pm
Profile
Site Administrator

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Singapore
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
"Might be a good idea to at least hear what they say when they report in," says Bimba, guessing that the two dwarves probably communicated with Randija using some kind of magic.

"But I understand - I am loathe to stay within this city much longer for fear of encountering more of its... exotic if somewhat violent culture." says the half-orc.


Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:44 pm
Profile
Lantern Archon (1d8)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 349
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Maesyn nods slowly. "I hate to leave the investigation into this 'Confidence' substance by the wayside, but it sounds as if we should find out what the Harper investigators have to say... and the sooner the better. With luck, Randija, your suspicions are correct and we can play two strings with a single pluck."

He looks to the Harper contact. "Randija, if there's any assistance the Harpers can offer to the Selunites in dealing with 'Confidence', I'm sure they would appreciate it. They seem quite overwhelmed."


Maesyn

_________________
Maesyn Silverhair:
Tide:
Callie Hornbound:


Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:46 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Randija nods at Maseyn, "We will see what can be done to alleviate the suffering of the afflicted, and to offer more resources to the sisters. We are a bit stretched as it is, but we will do what we can."

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:14 pm
Profile
Elf (2 hp)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:35 am
Posts: 185
Location: California, USA
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Rueban helps himself to the food as his companions fill Randija in on what they've been up to. At the mention of dwarves, "Och, aye? It'll be nice tae be in the batch o richt bouk fowk, again. Been aroond ye heich fowk tae lang."(Oh, yeah? It will be nice to be in the company of proper sized people, again. Been around you tall folk too long.) Seeing everyone eager to leave the wizard interjects, "A think we shoud tak a bit tae busk, ye ken, A'll need tae study ma spells and ready fer traivel."(I think we should take a bit to prepare, you understand, I'll need to study my spells and ready for travel.)

_________________
Keth - Half-Orc Rogue in Secrecy is Needed.
Orilai Knollcloak - Goliath Warden in Heralding a Terrible Evil.
Ransik Heidmaist - Dwarf Seeker in Schemes of Dragons.
Hin - Warforged Fighter in Ships of Ruination
Rueban Stoutshield - Dwarf Wizard in Chains of Destiny.
Erret Widewander - Halfling Avenger in Cordia.


Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:36 am
Profile
Elf (2 hp)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:40 pm
Posts: 159
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Rhogar nods in agreement with Rueban's words (the ones he could understand anyway) "I agree with Rueban, a night's rest and a chance to properly provision ourselves sounds good to me. Then we can head out at first light tomorrow to find the dwarves, assuming we are all in agreement that they are our next destination."


Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:05 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Dirk concurs, saying, "Let us take the night to rest then and at first light we will set out."

Randija does her best to make the area comfortable and provides more food for your dinner. She then leaves your party to its business and heads upstairs.

The night goes by quickly and without event. As the sun rises your party sets forth for the griffon masters, to be taken down from these high spires to the landscape at the mountain floor below. After each of you collect all of the supplies you think you will need, you each pay the master their 10 gp fee and soon enough you are all down in the rocky badlands below.

The scene before you is rather maddening for any but the most experienced travelers. The spellplague did a nasty job on this part of Faerun, with the ground being completely un-level almost every step you take. It is exhausting, but even moreso, confusing, as you try to navigate through the large outcroppings of jagged rock that seem to jut out of the earth everywhere you turn. In the distance you can see more mountains and a small, sparse forest on the horizon, probably about a day's journey.

Everyone make their choice of one of the following checks: Nature, History, Perception, Insight. We can't proceed until everyone makes the check so please do so as fast as you are able. Someone may start a new thread if you wish to continue role play for the time before leaving Skyclave. You also have time to pick up any goods you wish before leaving. I know you guys are probably pretty short on gold as I don't think I've awared much, so some monetary treasure will be coming shortly.

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:00 pm
Profile
Human (3 hp)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Ynamreg
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
I'm guessing at least one check per skill is needed, right? I'm going for nature, then - but if I am wrong about that, I'll rather do perception (+17).


Rolls:
1d20 +13: 21 (8)


Outside of the city, Letharan breathe in deeply a couple of times. He frequently checks the ground for signs that could be helpful, and that he knows the others likely won't check.

_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

DMing:
FUN

Playing:
SoD - Denlon "the Reborn", halfling monk, level 10
NAG - Jessica Jaycob, half-elf paladin, level 2
HoW - Kee Elghym, shade hexblade, level 3
CoaSP - Ziera, human sorcerer/warlord, level 1
CoD - Letharan, wood elf ranger, level 7 (on hold)
SoS - Katharina "Katie" Bonleen, human skald, level 12 (temporarily on hold)
SiN - Dumal, deva invoker, level 10 (temporarily on hold)


Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:57 pm
Profile
Elf (2 hp)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:35 am
Posts: 185
Location: California, USA
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
I had Rueban buy a light shield and updated his iPlay file.


Rueban tries to remember any old maps he'd seen during his studies. Any landmark, trails or features that will help them find their destination.

Skill Check: History -
Rolls:
1d20 +12: 31 (19)

_________________
Keth - Half-Orc Rogue in Secrecy is Needed.
Orilai Knollcloak - Goliath Warden in Heralding a Terrible Evil.
Ransik Heidmaist - Dwarf Seeker in Schemes of Dragons.
Hin - Warforged Fighter in Ships of Ruination
Rueban Stoutshield - Dwarf Wizard in Chains of Destiny.
Erret Widewander - Halfling Avenger in Cordia.


Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:06 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Urgnu the Gnu wrote:
I'm guessing at least one check per skill is needed, right? I'm going for nature, then - but if I am wrong about that, I'll rather do perception (+17).


Rolls:
1d20 +13: 18 (5)


Outside of the city, Letharan breathe in deeply a couple of times. He frequently checks the ground for signs that could be helpful, and that he knows the others likely won't check.


No, it doesn't matter if people use the same skill or not.

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:02 am
Profile
Lantern Archon (1d8)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 349
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Insight:
Rolls:
1d20 +11: 25 (14)

Maesyn casts his Traveler's Chant ritual before the party heads out: For the purpose of determining how far you and the allies can travel in an hour or a day, treat the group’s speed as the slowest member’s speed + 2.


Maesyn gazes out upon the landscape and tries to intuit the lay of the land.

Maesyn Silverhair

_________________
Maesyn Silverhair:
Tide:
Callie Hornbound:


Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:42 am
Profile
Human (3 hp)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Ynamreg
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Letharan continuously gives his comrades pointers in how to travel through nature.

Thanks for reminding me, powers, since for that matter, the Explorer level 5 feature becomes relevant: For the purpose of determining how far you and up to ten companions can travel in an hour or a day, treat the group's speed as the slowest member's speed + 1. While the group travels with you, its members also gain a +2 power bonus to Endurance checks.

In other words, with your ritual, the group's speed is the lowest member's speed (5) +2 +1 = 8. And everyone gets +2 to endurance for checks relevant to the trip.

_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

DMing:
FUN

Playing:
SoD - Denlon "the Reborn", halfling monk, level 10
NAG - Jessica Jaycob, half-elf paladin, level 2
HoW - Kee Elghym, shade hexblade, level 3
CoaSP - Ziera, human sorcerer/warlord, level 1
CoD - Letharan, wood elf ranger, level 7 (on hold)
SoS - Katharina "Katie" Bonleen, human skald, level 12 (temporarily on hold)
SiN - Dumal, deva invoker, level 10 (temporarily on hold)


Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:33 pm
Profile
Elf (2 hp)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:40 pm
Posts: 159
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Unnerved by the griffon flight and disoriented by the unfamiliar plague torn landscape, Rhogar gazes about without really registering any of the details of his surroudings.

Rolls:
1d20 +7: 8 (1)


Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile
Site Administrator

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Singapore
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Bimba tries to keep his eyes peeled during the flight, seeing if he can pick up any details from above.

Perception:
Rolls:
1d20 +4: 5 (1)


Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:15 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Rolls:
1d20 +7: 27 (20)


Dirk Saedar

Dirk

Dirk manages to spot some tracks leading towards the mountains and forest that could possibly belong to a pair of dwarves.


Your party manages to weave its way through the rocky landscape in about a half day when about mid afternoon you come across the dwarves' camp. The dwarves see you arriving, and draw crossbows.

One calls out, "Hold there! Identify yourselves before you come a step closer. Who are you and how did you know where to find us?".

Before you are able to answer the camp erupts in an explosion of confusion. Several shrouded humanoids with strange beasts on chains burst forth from the hidden foliage and rocky outcroppings of the forest. The group separates into two parties... one attacks the dwarves and the other bears down on your party like hungry wolves.

The dwarves yell out to you, "Fools! I don't know who in the nine hells you are, but you led our enemies right to our camp! If you survive them, you'll be lucky to survive us!"

And then pure chaos breaks loose on the area.

Coming in a little bit. Roll for yourself if you want. When I find time to set up the combat I will roll for anyone who remains.

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 3.8 - On the Trail of Madness
Will try to set up this combat before the end of the day to keep things moving.

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:11 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 333 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.