Click Here to Return to the Main Site
Return to Main Site
To request a forum for your campaign, a map, or another site feature, click here.

Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Site Online

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 pm



Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14 
Author Message
Site Administrator

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Singapore
Post 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
You manage to find yourselves in a rather neglected part of the station, near the vicinity of deep storage bay V14. Many of the lights have been burned out, and blaster marks and carbon scoring mar the walls, ceiling and floor. The area reeks of ozone and electrical fires, and pools of coolant litter the hallways at regular intervals. After winding your way through a near-labyrinth of decrepit corridors, you eventually reach the entrance to the bay of V14, which is guarded by a pair of Gamorreans wielding vibro-axes. They don't seem to have noticed you yet.


Fri May 18, 2012 1:58 am
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14

Jedi Padawan Caide Delancis

Jedi_Caide
Caide beckons the team out of ear shot of the Gamorreans, and whispers, "I don't see another way in. We can try to fast talk our way past them. Jarin, think you can give that a try? Keep your weapons close to hand. Gamorreans aren't exactly known for being reasonable. Unless someone has another idea."

Assuming we know each other's names by now. We might want to do introductions in the previous thread now that's in RP mode

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Fri May 18, 2012 12:52 pm
Profile
Lantern Archon (1d8)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 349
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Jarin couldn't shake the feeling of unreality. Was he really working with three Jedi? And now they were asking him to conduct investigations? Weren't Jedi supposed to be trained in this sort of work?

They were young, though, perhaps even younger than himself. Padawans? Whose masters had been killed in the Purge? That might explain how they escaped notice...

Jarin took a deep breath and strode forward. "Do you see?" he says to the others, theatrically. "Everything is safe and sound. These guards have done an excellent job! Excuse us, please, gentlemen," he says, moving to enter the bay.


Jarin Regaelo

_________________
Maesyn Silverhair:
Tide:
Callie Hornbound:


Fri May 18, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile
Gnome (1 hp)

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 am
Posts: 37
Location: Utah
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Schlon quickly straightens to his full height and follows Jarin down the hallway. He remarks in a steady cadence. "Yes, these guards are obviously adequate for this entrance. Still, we must be certain that the interior is also secure."


Sat May 19, 2012 2:42 am
Profile
Site Administrator

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Singapore
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Someone please make a persuasion check - you may not take 10 for this check, but it can be assisted.


Mon May 21, 2012 2:10 am
Profile
Lantern Archon (1d8)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 349
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Persuasion:
Rolls:
1d20 +8: 26 (18)

_________________
Maesyn Silverhair:
Tide:
Callie Hornbound:


Mon May 21, 2012 1:57 pm
Profile
Site Administrator

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Singapore
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
The Gamorreans puff out their chests in pride and don't say anything as they let you pass into the storage bay, seemingly convinced that you must somehow belong there.

The deep storage bay is as run-down as the hallways leading up to it, with entire metal plates missing from the floor and a huge, open exhaust shaft near the back of the room. Large crates litter the area, creating the appearance of a haphazard mess, and the air has a distinct smell of sweat and fumes that makes the entire area unpleasant. Flickering lights provide modest illumination, and a burst pipe along the ceiling leaks blue fluid down one wall.

Near the center of the room is an item that seems very out of place - a large, finely crafted desk made of Japor ivory wood, which means the desk is both priceless and rare. Sitting peacefully behind the desk is a protocol droid with shiny, ebony coverings that seem to soak up the light and offer only the slightest reflection. The droid's eyes flicker slightly, as though imitating a person blinking rapidly.

Next to him, a blue-and-red astromech droid beeps and burbles quietly, seemingly lost in its own world.


Tue May 22, 2012 1:48 am
Profile
Gnome (1 hp)

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 am
Posts: 37
Location: Utah
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Droids.... Are these Maya's contacts? Or are they cargo?

Not knowing how this situation might proceed, Schlon maintains as regal a presence as he can to maintain the pretense that got them through the door. He casts his senses wide to try and determine what unseen threats may be lurking in the chaotic storage bay.

Use The Force (Sense Surroundings):
Rolls:
1d20 +8: 13 (5)

Perception Skill:
Rolls:
1d20 +8: 20 (12)


EDIT: Oops. Her name's Maya...


Last edited by longthyme on Tue May 22, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue May 22, 2012 4:08 am
Profile
Site Administrator

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Singapore
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Schlon notices that a rather tough-looking Twi'lek is standing quietly off to the side, near the droid's desk.



"Greetings... humanoids!" says the droid, rather cheerfully. "Is there something I can help you with?"


Tue May 22, 2012 4:18 am
Profile
Lantern Archon (1d8)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 349
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Jarin listens carefully to the astromech's mutterings. Sometimes they let slip important information when they don't realize that a biological being can understand them.

Jarin understands Binary.


"You must be Switch?" Jarin says to the protocol droid. "We're here to pick up some cargo for a woman named Maya."


Jarin Regaelo

_________________
Maesyn Silverhair:
Tide:
Callie Hornbound:


Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 pm
Profile
Site Administrator

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Singapore
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Jarin realizes that the astromech is simply running through a list of numbers - likely it is doing some kind of book-keeping.

"I am!" says Switch, cheerily. "May I offer you something to drink? I have some Corellian brandy if you would enjoy that? I am a firm believer that negotiations should only proceed when all parties are adequately made comfortable - wouldn't you agree?"


Wed May 23, 2012 4:13 am
Profile
Lantern Archon (1d8)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 349
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
"Normally," the bureaucrat replies, "I would. But I'm afraid we're on an extremely tight schedule. We'll be most comfortable completing the transaction quickly. Our apologies."


Jarin Regaelo

_________________
Maesyn Silverhair:
Tide:
Callie Hornbound:


Wed May 23, 2012 2:08 pm
Profile
Site Administrator

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Singapore
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
"Right to business," says Switch, with a tone that might have indicated he was smiling - if he wasn't a droid. "I like that. Very well then - the cargo will be handed over to you once the payment of 1000 credits have been made."


Thu May 24, 2012 1:53 am
Profile
Gnome (1 hp)

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 am
Posts: 37
Location: Utah
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Schlon hums a reverberation deep in his throats, briefly giving away his surprise and consternation. He would be willing to contribute his meager funds, but they would barely cover 10% of the requested amount.


Thu May 24, 2012 3:37 am
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14

Jedi Padawan Caide Delancis

Jedi_Caide
Caide leads the others aside to talk, and says, "1,000 credits, wow. I wonder if Maya knew about the cost. Well folks I have 530 on hand, but that will leave us unable to pay for our ship. What do you want to do?"

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Thu May 24, 2012 1:12 pm
Profile
Elf (2 hp)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 pm
Posts: 109
Location: Utah
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Raena, who until this point had been silent, said, "I've barely got more than two hundred creds on me. If one of you Jedi have a nifty mind trick to get us out of this..?" She trailed off, her tone indicating that she didn't put much hope in that prospect.

_________________
Games I'm in include:
Into the Night- Gicker's Shadowrun 4E campaign - Shaea
Rise Against the Galactic Empire parody's Star Wars: Saga Edition campaign - Raena
Off the Cuff PbP and Vanished QT Games' Interactive Story campaigns (Superheroes/Zombies and Steampunk/Sci-fi respectively) - Story Teller


Thu May 24, 2012 2:21 pm
Profile
Gnome (1 hp)

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 am
Posts: 37
Location: Utah
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
"Droids can be difficult to influence through the force without specialized training," Schlon responds. "Also, there are many guards in here. We are in a bit of a lion's den. Even if we fool our host, his companions may see through the trick."

"I have just over a hundred credits, but I suggest we request to see the merchandise before we make an exchange."


Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 pm
Profile
Lantern Archon (1d8)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 349
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
"I'm afraid I have virtually no cash on hand," Jarin reports. "I agree we should at least see what we're buying before handing anything over. I'm certain we can get reimbursement for the fee."

Jarin turns to Switch. "Can we see the merchandise first? We need to make sure it's in good condition."


Jarin Regaelo

_________________
Maesyn Silverhair:
Tide:
Callie Hornbound:


Fri May 25, 2012 6:29 pm
Profile
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am
Posts: 1075
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14

Jedi Padawan Caide Delancis

Jedi_Caide
Caide whispers to Jarin, "See if you can get him to lower the price, once we've seen what we're buying here. I hope Maya can cover this."

_________________
d20MUD.com: Free Text Based MMORPG based in Star Wars CLone Wars Era, Using d20 and SAGA System Rules


Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap


My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org


Fri May 25, 2012 7:21 pm
Profile
Gnome (1 hp)

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 am
Posts: 37
Location: Utah
Post Re: 1.0 - Deep Storage Bay V14
Not for the first time, Schlon is grateful for the diplomat's willingness. It was blind chance that led the man into this mess, and he shouldered it admirably. If I had been less rash, perhaps these good beings would have carried on their way and remained uninvolved in this mess.

And then he thought, Was it blind chance? Or the will of the force? I must ponder this during my next meditation. Mayhaps there are greater deeds the Universe has in store for he and for the rest of us.

At the very least, the Ithorian resolved to thank Jarin profusely when they had a free moment.


Sat May 26, 2012 3:28 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.