Click Here to Return to the Main Site
Return to Main Site
To request a forum for your campaign, a map, or another site feature, click here.

Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Site Online

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Out of Character 
Elf (2 hp)

Post Out of Character
Welcome!

Here's a new Interactive Storyline for you to dive into. No character sheets.
Fast play.
Same rules as my Off the Cuff PbP (which is very, very few - I'll update this thread with them next chance I get).

Maybe you weren't into zombies and superheroes (if you are, check out Off the Cuff!). Here's a new one and you can start at the beginning!

These are a lot of fun. If you haven't tried one, why not take a dip in Off the Cuff or this new one? You can post a few times, and if you feel like stopping, that's OK too. That's the beauty of it. You decide how much fun you have and how long you want to play. You can introduce new characters and/or use existing ones to tell the story. It's an ongoing story. Questions, comments? This is the place to post 'em or just to yack about the game, etc.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:21 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Post Re: Out of Character
I've posted the leaders of two teams exploring the caves.

I'm thinking two partial teams, having lost many people and supplies, have joined forces to finish going deep into the earth to uncover the truth and glory. Due to a cave in, there was no way to follow the path the boys took that found it in the first place, but some strange glyphs and signs (a great cog, half buried) hint at more below.

So I'm thinking we can start off the adventure with just after the teams met up and decided to journey further in. Sound good?

Kalor only has 2 guys with him, flunkies really (but that doesn't mean they can't be interesting and useful to the story!), but we can add others for that team or the other team. It's your story too!

See Background for the place we want to put info on the people and world of Vanished!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:43 pm
Site Administrator

Sounds good, I am all ready to go :)

Can't find what you're looking for here? Try our sister site: PbPMap

My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:50 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Cool. I like the character you added, btw!

I'm getting a bit busy just now, but I'll post the intro to the game later today. Hopefully by then we'll get another character or two. Otherwise, I'll just be vague with the others until they come into play in a significant way.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:58 pm
Elf (2 hp)

We should have a new player today (a friend of mine!)

No one is posting yet - did you guys want me to do a first post or is someone going to run with my intro?!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:25 pm
Site Administrator

I will post soon, today or tomorrow.

My name is Steve Squires. Husband, Father, Web Developer, Game Programmer, and I am a Mormon. www.mormon.org

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:44 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Yay. Thanks, Gicker. Have a great day! :D

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:01 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Does anyone want to add any more characters or ... um, post, please. :)

Wed May 02, 2012 3:26 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Sorry for the wait QT. I would've posted yesterday, but there was car drama and it was time consuming. That said, I'm good on character's for now and I posted. :D

Off the Cuff PbP and Vanished QT Games' Interactive Story campaigns (Superheroes/Zombies and Steampunk/Sci-fi respectively) - Story Teller

Wed May 02, 2012 6:46 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Sorry to hear about yesterday, but glad you're back and thanks for posting! Have a great rest of the week!

Wed May 02, 2012 7:04 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Hey Gicker, with the format we are using for these PbP's, would we be able to have a forum that could store 1 chapter per thread, to keep things tidy, and hopefully one day make it perhaps more appealing - that people could just go to the current chapter, read the intro to that chapter, then post, ignoring what has gone before? Just trying to think of ways down the road to keep it more manageable.

I doubt new comers much farther down the road would want to wade through the story or have the time. Just a thought. We could use a cheat sheet like we have with the background section in the Off the Cuff game too, I think I'll start up one, so we can post some basic details for quick reference. :D

Thanks for playing, guys!

Thu May 03, 2012 4:04 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Steve, thanks for moving the two interactive story games next to each other. Nice and tidy!

I'll post tonight.

Sat May 05, 2012 12:20 am
Elf (2 hp)

This has been a bit of a crazy weekend - not a bad weekend, but not terribly productive either. I'll post on Monday anywhere needed. Have a wonderful week you guys!

Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 am
Site Administrator

QT Games wrote:
Hey Gicker, with the format we are using for these PbP's, would we be able to have a forum that could store 1 chapter per thread, to keep things tidy, and hopefully one day make it perhaps more appealing - that people could just go to the current chapter, read the intro to that chapter, then post, ignoring what has gone before? Just trying to think of ways down the road to keep it more manageable.

I doubt new comers much farther down the road would want to wade through the story or have the time. Just a thought. We could use a cheat sheet like we have with the background section in the Off the Cuff game too, I think I'll start up one, so we can post some basic details for quick reference. :D

Thanks for playing, guys!

Yeah, no problem. And you're welcome about the forum order. :)

Mon May 07, 2012 6:28 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Everyone - in case you somehow missed it, the official tech of the characters is fantasy on the verge of the Industrial Revolution - steampunkish with magic and swords and armor, etc. They have 6 shooters, which are advanced for their tech level, but other than steam punk, clockwork and other such wonders, they are fairly low tech. They would have dirigibles, primitive gliders and other early Da Vinci type goodies, but that's it.

Keeping things at that level of technology should contrast nicely with the higher tech ruins and traps we'll find along the way!

Tue May 08, 2012 12:11 am
Site Administrator

Sounds good, so is Juris' gun a musket, or a primitive revolver?

Tue May 08, 2012 9:55 pm
Site Administrator

Just to clarify, you are looking for one subforum per chapter? Or a single subforum called chapters that will contain the chapter threads?

Tue May 08, 2012 9:56 pm
Elf (2 hp)

Hi Steve!

Um, however you think is best. I've seen some others here do a chapter thing - I think where it's a different thread per chapter, so all chapters go in the same folder/sub forum or whatever. I think it would be helpful, especially with chapter summaries in the first post of each new thread.

Re Guns: I'm thinking we've got your early six shooters - nicer than what they'd likely have with that world's tech, but it gives you a few more shots, which I like. Not terribly accurate, and guns are very expensive, but the bullets aren't too bad.

Rifled muskets - early rifles are around as well, though very, very pricey and guns can only be found in certain regions where they are legal (due to a fear of technology) and also some areas just aren't advanced enough for it, so your average Joe in some areas hasn't ever even seen a gun, while they are more common among the wealthy in other regions, and most have seen them, though more as a sign of prestige, since the rich don't tend to get in combat. Some PC's have them, but they can get jammed, need cleaning and have other issues. People have been known to be robbed when someone sees someone walking around with one.

Sound good?

That's how it is in most areas that have guns in Cosmothea at least so I thought we'd go with that. We don't have to be super accurate about anything since this isn't a heavy crunch PbP.

As for guns in Cosmothea, I'll be revisiting them later in Cosmothea 5.0 for how they will work there, but we can play fast and loose here, since we aren't playing by the Cosmothea rules anyway in this PbP.

Wed May 09, 2012 1:10 am
Site Administrator

sounds good :)

Wed May 09, 2012 3:20 am
Elf (2 hp)

Someone post! :D

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next