Click Here to Return to the Main Site
Return to Main Site
To request a forum for your campaign, a map, or another site feature, click here.

Please Visit Our Sponsors, They Help Keep This Site Online

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Episode 1: 
Gnome (1 hp)

Post Episode 1:
Our story begins where every good adventuring story begins, in a tavern hidden away in the woods. "The Salty Bugbear" tavern and inn is located deep in the woods about a weeks travel north from the great sea, and three days west of the city Ballog (where every month there is a new sporting event which almost always causes riots) but the path it that it lays on is well worn, and many an adventure stops for a bowl of shaman ramen, some of the finest bread in the land provided from Reafter's Rolls, bottle or twelve of deep southern sake, or a roof to rest under on their travels.

This evening in particular the Salty Bugbear has many patrons visiting. A local band of gnomes have celebrated a wedding between a young woodland lumberjack from their clan and beautiful gnomish jewelry maker from a clan further north, and many of the gnomes have chosen the Salty Bugbear as their location to enjoy some after wedding festivities. Amongst the party of gnomes there's also a holy man sitting alone at a table, adorn in his robes and carrying the holy symbol Fharlanghn, God of travel and the roads.

The night is still young, and who knows who else may come to visit. Who knows what adventures are yet to be had...

Fri May 25, 2012 2:58 pm
Gnome (1 hp)

Post Re: Episode 1:
Sitting at the bar, eyeing the various vintages upon the shelves is one such patron. Dressed modestly his trusty rapier hangs at his side.

"Barman! Your finest red!" He calls out raising a gloved hand.

Sat May 26, 2012 2:56 pm
Gnome (1 hp)

In walks a rather worn looking man who appears to be in his early thirties, his eyes an unnatural shade of black, almost as though they'd never seen the light of day. Wearing an old weathered duster, obsidian in color, the collar of which shrouds his mouth. His duster accompanied by a black hat, the likes of which from any classic western. Strapped to each side of his waste is two well crafted short blades, the scabbards of each crimson, they appear to be from the deep south. Walking over to the bar, spurs of his boots jingling, he raises a hand phrasing the number 2 and in a soft voice utters the request "Two shots of Dwarven Whiskey."

Then sitting at the bar stool nearest the wall, he leans back against the wall, tipping his hat forward and resting his eyes as he waits for his order.

Sat May 26, 2012 6:54 pm
Gnome (1 hp)

The barkeep, who is human but looks like his far back ancestors might have been bugbears, takes the two adventures' orders and goes off to his back room to get the drinks ordered.

The Gnomes have started playing a drinking game which involves standing on their heads and chugging their drinks while a second gnome rubs their belly and a third gnome tickles tickles them. Some are better than others at it, though they are all enjoying the game and making merry. The cleric of Fharlanghn still sits by himself, his face shows a touch of what could be either worry or impatience. He has a meal for two in front of him and a bottle of uncorked drink, but he hasn't touched any of it. He keeps looking out the window at the setting sun, looking at his meal, then back outside...

A moment later the barkeep comes back with tall thin bottle labeled in deep south characters that read "Zathurus' Delight 1089" and a stone bottle with dwarvan ruins hammered into it that reads "Kord's Piss" along with a wine glass and two dwarf sized shot glasses which to most people would be more like a small mug. He places them with their appropriate patron, then goes back to serving the gnomes, who are spilling more drink then they are consuming at this point.

Mon May 28, 2012 5:52 am
Gnome (1 hp)

Lifting the corner of his hat, the weathered wanderer places a few gleaming pieces of platinum on the counter. "I thank you." Retrieving his beverages, one in each hand, he approaches the cleric at the table. He extends his arm offering one of his two drinks to the cleric, "What worries would put such angst across the face of a priest?" he queries, as he gestures the adjacent chair as if to seek permission to sit at the cleric's table.

Mon May 28, 2012 4:27 pm
Gnome (1 hp)

Gathering the wine glass and bottle in hand the man from the bar drops a few coins on the counter before making his way over towards the cleric.

"A fine vintage you have sir. Though you do not seem to be enjoying it. What is the matter? Have your guests of honor not arrived yet? " Sitting down he glares at the man with black eyes, a look of disdain crossing his face as he pours a tall glass of red inhaling the aroma deeply before taking a small sip.

"Sir, I believe we have similar interests though far from similar tastes."

Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 am
Gnome (1 hp)

The cleric takes the drink with a smile, "It's nice to see that even in such dangerous times there are a few souls out there who express concern for a man of the cloth!

The old man tries his dwarven drink, but after a hardy swallow its clear that it doesnt agree very much with his insides. " I wont need my table wine tonight if I finish this drink" He laughes, handing his bottle to his new wine drinking compainion. Then he continues to speak...

"I was supose to meet a fellow cleric here this night to discuss the building of a few new roads, but alas he hasn't shown up. What worries me the most is the last letter I recieved from him said he would be taking a new route, a "secret" road he called it. Oh, I fear for brother Pardue's life, and for his eternal soul if straying of the path has lead to dismal fate!"

His face shows signs of distress once more, and slams back the rest of his drink. A gnome who has taken to dancing on a table to music that no one is playing slips and has quite a fall, the rest of the gnome patrons cheer and order another round.

Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 am
Gnome (1 hp)

OCC: I know we just started, but I have to move to a new place for the next couple of months and I havent heard about the internet there, or weither there will be internet there. If you dont hear from me for a while, just assume i have none, and ill get ahold of you guys when i find online services again.

Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 am
Gnome (1 hp)

"That sounds most distressing good cleric." The man says with a calm sip of his wine."I believe we may be able to offer services to a man such as yourself, though, what's in it for us? I am not a rich man and I'm sure that you as a member of the faith may be willing to aid the poor when things are most dire."

Wed May 30, 2012 2:27 pm
Gnome (1 hp)

"perhaps you can help me, I would go looking myself, but I'm so old and frail. the man I'm looking for is named Pardue, and his "secret" road suposidly comes back ont the main road a few miles west of here. I'm afraid I don't have much money to offer you for your troubles, but if you ring Pardue back to me safe I could gift unto you a blessing of Farlahgn and perhaps a treasure of a minor artifact from our sect."

The old cleric reveals from under his cloak the holy symbol of his god.

"Show this to Pardue when you find him, so there is no doubt I sent you to him. The roads are not always traveled by those of honest living, and I suspect the secret road will be no different."

Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:02 pm
Gnome (1 hp)

"I'll assist in what means I can, though I am on quite the stringent timeline...
...However, I know that you priest of the roads are well traveled and maintain good connections. I might ask that you help me with an endeavor in return for my service. Nothing of an unreasonable nature. I would merely ask that you pull some information, from whatever contacts you maintain, on my behalf."

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:27 pm
Gnome (1 hp)

Desmond raises an eyebrow at this but shrugs.

"I however, will take your endeavor with few questions asked, and help dispatch these vandals that may be on this road." He says extending a gloved hand. "At no extra charge even."

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]